The Assist Anywhere Team is a collaboration between academic staff and administrators across campus. Our shared goal is to support academic staff in making decisions and taking action in a virtual work environment. We are here to help you and look forward to meeting all challenges together like the Warriors we are!
Our Assist Anywhere Toolkit is organized by key topics in the tabs below. Each tab includes a description, examples, and/or links to external resources that can assist you. To make the best use of this guide, please identify the sections that correspond closest to your job duties. We will continue to update the Toolkit as we build out resources for you.
Before you dig in, we'd like to share some tips with you that we think will make this process easier and perhaps just a little less stressful:
- Be compassionate – with your students, with your colleagues, and most importantly, with yourself. We are all facing a great deal of uncertainty right now and acting from a place of compassion will help us all get through this together.
- Be realistic and flexible. You may need to rethink your expectations in a virtual environment and focus instead on your most important professional goals. Play to your strengths by looking to the processes and tools you already use whenever possible.
- Reach out to your colleagues. Your colleagues may already have information or resources that could help you. Keep in touch with your colleagues here at Wayne State and at other institutions to get ideas, advice, and support.
We are here to support you and together we will keep teaching, learning, and assisting from each other, from anywhere.
Essential WSU Resources
- C&IT Help Desk
- C&IT Remote Work support
- Microsoft Teams support and guides
- Stars 2.0 Advisor help center